Friday, January 25, 2008

No Place Like Home

Back home at last. It’s just impossibly good to be snuggled up in my very own bed again after almost two weeks in an anonymous rented room in the capital. And yet I feel I am a very different person from even two weeks ago, when I left my humble home for the big bad city. Things have taken shape tremendously in what seems a deceptively short time. There were ups and downs within the course, but ultimately I see great hope within this course but also in the ripples of its effects outside, for myself and others. It also looks as if the student group will be very supportive.

One big thing to look forward to is the possibility of actually going to Leeds next summer to prepare our dissertations. Imagine that! Finally getting to see Europe! I’m also reading the Times Educational Supplement and thinking this might mean a job in the UK within a year from graduation- if that is what seems important then. So... by January 2010 we’re looking at graduating and having the option of working in a whole new place…

No comments: