Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beginnings

Today began a new chapter in my life. It wasn’t perfect, but it was remarkably good. My first day as a postgraduate started at 4:00AM, when I flew out of bed grateful that a night of fitful sleep was over, and this day would begin. I was in front of Majan University College’s campus at 6:45 AM. This left more than enough time for exploration and psyching up. I know myself well enough to leave plenty of time on the first day. But there was no time for panic or even to calm down from it: the day just swept me up like Dorothy’s tornado. And we’re a long way from Kansas, Toto. What intellectual delight to suddenly have all this hyper-stimulation. The staff are just so supportive, and the group dynamics (the tutor’s pet topic) are stunning, But with mountains of reading to be done and such a multiplicity of subjects, which I find foreign to conceptualise, there is no shortage of challenges. Speaking of which, I should get a printout of my application essay, written under the influence of Nescafe. Heady stuff.

No comments: