Monday, January 14, 2008

Job... Career... Vocation

A few nights back I woke up from a dream where the highway drove me straight ninety degrees up to where a city awaited. A whole new city in a whole new dimension where I was the first inhabitant. My officemate, a literature buff with a penchant for Jungian psychoanalysis, surmised this to mean that potential is about to be fulfilled in a whole new paradigm.This seemed valid, but applicable to my life in general and my writing. But today it took on a whole new meaning.At 11.30 this morning my head of department told me I had one hour to report back if I wanted to join the Leeds University MA TESOL course hosted by Majan University College in Muscat. I had considered this course last year and decided against it- would I change my mind? I remained lukewarm, until I realised that destiny has never knocked gently on my door: it has always barged right in. As it has once again. And has it ever let me down before?

No comments: