Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Staying In With Noble Minds

I hear the faraway rhythm of someone else’s music that I am not part of. There is a world out there, a night-time seafront world where I can go, nothing stops me, but other things are important now. So I’d rather stay in.

But staying in has been great recently, in the company of noble minds. I feel enriched and edified by the very fact of my study. My whole frame of reference has been shaken a bit by the lectures, but completely dismantled by the readings. The main culprit is Adrian Holliday, who is at times critical to the point of being reactionary. Reading him, I certainly do not agree with the extremity of his views, but I have scrutinized some of my assumptions about what I do. This will be central to my first assignment, and maybe to where I am going with all this.

No comments: